Sunday, January 15, 2012

My very first blog!!

So this first blog is just to give you a little information so when I say some whacked out shit in the future you'll know exactly who and what I'm talking about.

I lived in Rhode Island until I was 10 years old and loved every minute of it, I was in diapers with all my best friends, we did everything together and fucking life was grand until one day in 1996 my mom and dad said we were moving to Florida..I hated them, I told them I would never call FL home. We packed up and moved all in 3 months. I got to FL and eventually settled in and shit was cool until high school I'd say. My dad has always been a fucking douche bag, don't know if it was the alcohol or the fact that he was in the military, either way I was 16 years old and NEVER allowed to go on dates or be outside of the house after dark. Not too bad you think right? Well it wouldn't have been that bad except for the fact that when I was home I was verbally abused  by said Dad once he was shit faced.."Your a dumb whore and bitch" were things commonly thrown around at my house.

My mom divorced him and we moved out to an apartment about 15 minutes away. Now that I had the freedom to do what I wanted, I went a little ape shit crazy. Drugs, partying, drinking you name it I did it. I quickly became addicted to cocaine which was the drug of choice around this time. I've always been a curvy girl but I was down to a size 4 in jeans from never eating and too much coke. I dropped out of high school and shit got serious. I was arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and put on probation.  Around this time I started thinking about maybe going back to school and finishing up my education and getting a trade in something. I looked into my resources and found Job Corps. A girl I knew had been and she said she liked it  , so I said fuck it and signed up. 2 weeks later and I'm off to my new life at Gainesville Job Corps...Only problem? I neglected to tell my probation officer I was leaving the county.


So at Job Corps I made a lot of new friends, got my high school diploma and trade degree in Tilesetting, but most importantly I stayed off the drugs! I graduated and all that good shit and then was on my way back home. When I got back, I noticed a lot of shit stayed the same. The same people doing the same things and going to jail repeatedly. I was determined to not let it be the downfall of me again. I got a job and started making new friends. Low and behold I got myself back into the drugs. That's actually how I met my husband. Steve and I met through a cocaine dealer. Sad isn't it? We started dating and eventually I got pregnant with our first son Isaiah. We both put an end to the drug use and decided to distance ourselves away from the people in our lives that couldn't accept that we were going clean. Now I'm sure I'm making this sound easy but it wasn't in the least bit! Quitting drugs, especially coke is not an easy thing to do at all. It took a toll on our baby relationship and we did end up having some horrible fights.


That was pretty much the end of our partying days because once we both sobered up long enough to think, we realized that we didn't ever want our kids to have to live out of motels and pizza every night. We've been together ever since then and had another child named Holdyn, and I love my kids more than life itself. I'll probably go more into detail about certain things in future blogs but I just wanted to give a cliff notes version of my life. Hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. loved it :)
    yay for your first time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...we seem to have quite a bit in common--I knew there had to be a reason for the bacon!

    ReplyDelete